Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Make-Up...Good For Your Skin?

Only if you are using Mineral Make-Up!

I cannot say enough about this wonderful "foundation". I have had a history of "problem skin" such as sensitivity, acne and eczema over the years. However, after countless dermatology appointments, topical and prescription medications, I have managed to at least find a velvety smooth powder foundation that is actually good for my skin. It allows either full coverage or just a light sheer application.

The 2 front-runners are Jane Iredale and i.d. bare mineral make up. I have tried both Jane Iredale and i.d. bare minerals foundation and if you prefer more of a dewy finish, i.d. is your pick. It works best on very youthful skin with smaller pores as the powder may enhance larger pores and wrinkles. My personal preference is the Jane Iredale as I like a tiny bit of a glow. Yet, I do love the Mineral Veil that is made from i.d. which I use to deflect some of the shine from the Iredale mineral foundation and set my base before applying blush. As far as concealers go, the circle and delete from Jane Iredale is very pleasant and not chalky at all. Perfect for under eye circles. For more of a foundation type coverage, the Disappear by Jane Iredale with Gree Tea Extract is just that, invisible! And don't forget your foundation primer. I am currently using the i.d. bare minerals Prime Time but am eager to try the much buzzed about Smashbox Primer. I will keep you posted on the difference if there is any.

The only drawback with the Jane Iredale is that it can be hard to find. I found mine at a local Medi-spa in the Yorkville area, called RejuveDerme. i.d. bare minerals is much easier to find, you can get yours at any local Sephora location nearest you. For those in the downtown Toronto area, you can find a Sephora in the Eaton Center.

Let me know if you have any make up preferences that I should look into and post about, love to hear from you!

No comments: